Support Us > Fundraising
For many people the word fundraising means collections, fetes and car boot sales. On the other hand, the word fundraising can also refer to daring individuals or groups of keen supporters jumping from light aeroplanes (wearing a parachute of course) or being sponsored to undertake exciting or innovative activities - walking the great wall of China or a trek across the Sahara may appeal to our daredevil supporters.
Below you will see many ways in which you can support B&BF. Please consider the following ideas just as a starting point ;
- Individual Fundraising - Do you enjoy taking part in activities such as walking, running, cycling? Is there an event near you that you can take part in to raise money for B&BF?
- Community Fundraising- Are you a Rotarian or member of the Women's Institute. Does your Church group support worthwhile Charities or are you part of a fun loving community group that enjoys fundraising?
- Corporate Partnerships- Does your employer offer support for their employees fundraising activities. Or perhaps you could sign up via your payroll department to give a regular donation directly from your salary? Are you an active member of an employee fundraising committee or could you nominate B&BF as your company Charity of the Year? Perhaps your company would benefit from joining B&BF as a Corporate Partner?
- Individual Giving- As a charity, B&BF relies on support from the public to help deliver the services that are so important to people affected by bladder and bowel control problems. You may consider a regular gift, known as committed giving, or prefer to make a single donation by cheque, credit card or online.
- Events- For a fun packed fundraising activity, why not consider selecting B&BF as the beneficiary charity from a sponsored walk, bike ride or swim? Perhaps you would like to undertake a sponsored abseil or parachute jump.
- Just Giving - Increase your fundraising potential by creating your own fundraising page on the Just Giving website. By taking advantage of the millions of online communities you can improve your chances of raising funds for your chosen event and ensure all donations are sent direct to B&BF.
- Leave a legacy - Writing a will can be a time consuming and confusing activity. We recommend visiting a solicitor for the best advice- and it does not have to be an expensive exercise. Obviously you will want to remember your loved ones when planning the gifts you are leaving, but a small gift for B&BF would mean so much to so many.
- In memory- Lost a loved one? Rather than flowers why not ask for a donation to B&BF. Funeral directors are happy to make the necessary arrangements.
Whatever you choose to do, rest assured that you will be helping a very good cause, a well established and highly regarded charity that has supported people with bladder and bowel problems for years. Your help will mean even more support for people and more exciting new programmes can be developed.
If you'd like to download our sponsor form please click here. We also have a fundraising pack which gives useful pointers to organising your day. If you'd like to receive a copy of this please email us.
Fundraising Standards Board
The Bladder and Bowel Foundation (B&BF) is proud to be a member of the Fundraising Standards Board and is committed to the highest standards of fundraising practice whilst championing the principles of honesty, accountability and transparency. Membership of the scheme represents a committment to the highest standards of practice and ensures all fundraising activity is open, legal and fair.
Codes of Fundraising Practice
By becoming a member of the Fundraising Standards Board, charities and fundraising organisations are committing to the Institute of Fundraising's Codes of Fundraising Practice, which are the standards set for fundraisers in the UK. Each code covers a different fundraising technique.
The Fundraising Promise
Members of the Fundraising Standards Board also commit to abide by its Fundraising Promise. This is based on six key pledges which centre on the core values of respect, honesty, accountability and transparency.
For further information please visit the Fundraising Standards Board website or phone 0845 402 5442.
Alternatively, you can write to:
Fundraising Standards Board
20 Albert Embankment
London SE1 7TJ